I love this dish. It is so simple, cheap, and you can easily make this under 30 minutes. This is also another college-friendly meal that you could easily make in your dorm room/dorm kitchen.
My Aunt would make these in the toaster oven when I would visit her. I thought they were so delicious, and while some might see this as a kid meal, I still enjoy them to this day after work when I’m craving pizza, don’t really feel like cooking or have the time, and want to keep it on the healthier and cheap side.
Serving size: 1 muffin pizza (2 halves)
1 english muffin, sliced
1/4 cup jarred tomato sauce
1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded (I buy the Polly-O Part-Skim, shredded)
Any toppings you like! Some ideas are pepperoni (easy and college-cooking friendly if you buy a pre-cut bag), bell peppers, mushrooms, etc. Have fun and volumize it!
1. Pre-heat oven/toaster oven to 350
2. Spoon the jarred sauce onto each muffin half to your liking.
3. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
*I also like to sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top – this adds a bit more flavor to the cheese.
4. Add any toppings you like!
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and muffin is toasted to your liking.
6. Add any seasoning you like, and enjoy!